Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Two-for-one Boston Cecilia ticket deal!

Hello, all! As Operations Manager of the Boston Cecilia, I have been enabled to offer you a deal on our upcoming concert. I get to offer you two tickets for the price of one at all ticket levels except the cheapest!

Details:

The concert:
Sunday, February 24 at
3 pm in
Jordan Hall at
New England Conservatory,

The Boston Cecilia is going to celebrate both Handel's birthday and the 40th anniversary of our music director, Donald Teeters. The result is going to be a HUGE Handel extravaganza. There are going to be fifteen soloists. The list is:

Sopranos: Nancy Armstrong, Sharon Baker, Karol Bennett,
Holly Cameron, Jessica Cooper, Lauren-Rose King
Mezzo-sopranos: Pamela Dellal, Krista River
Countertenor: Jeffrey Gall
Tenors: Charles Blandy, William Hite, Steven Mello, Aaron Sheehan
Baritones: David Arnold, Robert Honeysucker

This is in addition to the chorus (always great, but especially experienced in this repertoire) and a period orchestra.

Tell me that doesn't look like an awesome concert, eh? I'm tremendously excited about it (and not because it's my job, either) and am trying to figure out a way to hand over the will-call table to someone else so I don't miss a single number.

So, the ticket deal is as follows. We offer tickets at 4 levels - $62, $42, $27, $15. For the upper three levels - $62, $42, $27 - if you buy one ticket, I'll give you one for free. I set up a special website for this right here - go buy some tickets!

The only request I have is that during your online order, there's a little place for notes. Please write a note saying you heard about the deal via my blog. And if you spread around this info, please give people the link to this post, and not the ticket page, so that they will also click through my blog to get there.

I know that in the past months I have been big on concert announcements and short on actual content. I'm aiming to try and fix that in the future...but probably not until this big wacky concert is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment