Friday, May 23, 2008

Weekend Concert Calendar, 5/23/08

Will this be one of the weeks I get my act together and actually post about the weekend concerts?

Yes! Ironically, there are no concerts to post about, since it is Memorial Day Weekend.

Well, that's not strictly true. I can find ONE.

On Sunday at 3 pm, the Cambridge Community Chorus will present their final concert directed by William E. Thomas. Selections wil include Haydn's "Harmony Mass" and Samuel Coleridge-Taylor's "Hiawatha's Wedding Feast." This will be at Sanders Theatre at Harvard University in Cambridge. Check out William Thomas's biography - he has been a champion of new music and under-performed works, and a particular expert on composer Samuel Coleridge-Taylor.

Also, a heads-up for next week: on Wednesday the chapel choir of Thomas's Preparatory School in Kensington in the U.K. will give a lunchtime concert at 12:15 at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul. And it's free!

Next weekend, save Friday night for the Back Bay Chorale's performance of Mendelssohn's Elijah. And on Saturday, Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares (The Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices) is in town! I am so there! Let me know if you want to join me - I'm going to buy my ticket this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment