Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday link

The Royal Society of London, one of the world's oldest scientific institutions, is putting some of its historic papers online.

What does this have to do with music? Well, among those historic papers is an "Account of a Very Remarkable Young Musician," who is named Mozart, and contains a discussion of whether he really is a child prodigy or whether perhaps his father was lying about his age. Among the evidence that Mozart really was as young as his father claimed was the fact that "For example, whilst he was playing to me, a favourite cat came in, upon which he immediately left his harpsichord, nor could we bring him back for a considerable time."

Guess what? I have recently discovered evidence that I myself am also a child prodigy! I too would rather play with cats than play upon the harpsichord! Just look at this blog!

P.S. You just know Mozart would have loved lolcats.

No comments:

Post a Comment