Thursday, September 08, 2011

Mid-week update

Yesterday was the first meeting of one of my two sections of chorus at Lasell. On the upside, I have some fantastic new singers who seem nice, talented, and responsible. On the downside, it looks like I have no basses, so I need to completely reevaluate the repertoire I chose. I will meet the other half of my singers tomorrow at the second section.

Tonight is the first choir rehearsal of the season (my choir at First Parish Cohasset takes a break over the summer.) It will be nice to see everyone again!

On Saturday, Cantilena will be having a read-through and recording of a Requiem by Seth Hamlin. We were originally going to perform this work with the WSO on 9/11, but because of the debt ceiling negotiations, our funding fell through. However, we wanted Seth to at least have the experience of a live recorded read-through after his hard work. We're not really advertising this event as open to the public, but if you want to come listen (and promise not to sneeze during the recording) get in touch.

Tomorrow I will also give new sight-reading students their first sight-reading lesson! I'm teaching either two or three at the same time, in a mini-class, so it will be an experiment.

And on Sunday I'm supposed to have all the music memorized for the upcoming Anthology concert. Heh. We'll see if that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment