Friday, November 02, 2012

Sporadic Friday Cat Post

My brother found a kitten crying under the deck a few weeks ago, and so (long story short) now he and his wife are a 2-cat household! The new denizen is called Porkchop. She is very cute!



Porkchop and Oomi apparently do not get along, but they get along WAY better than the two cats in our household, Samson and Kitty, who cannot be in the same room without trying to kill each other. January will see Operation Acclimate the Cats. Baby gates may be involved.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, new kitten! She is adorable.

    Re: acclimating Samson and Kitty, might it help to begin keeping something which smells like Samson in the zone occupied by Kitty, and vice-versa, some time before the acclimation begins? I heard of someone online who did this (I think they had each cat sleep on a T-shirt and then swapped them) and apparently it helped because when they met face-to-face they had already experienced each others' scent in a non-confrontational environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess! I have been trying that in a limited fashion; I'll have to do it a little more. I've also heard about rubbing them both with the same towel to get them acclimated. Project Cat-Friends will begin in January when I have a little more time to be consistent about it!

    ReplyDelete